Controlled substances are narcotic and non-narcotic drugs under the jurisdiction of the federal Controlled Substances Act and the California Uniform Controlled Substances Act including, but not limited to, those substances listed in 21 CFR §1308.11-1308.15.
UCOP has directed the UC campuses to develop a Controlled Substance Program (CSP) that follows the revised BUS-50 policy and best practices. The development and implementation of CSP has been assigned to the Environmental Health and Safety Department. BUS-50 applies only to research activities using controlled substances, not the university’s clinical activities such as those performed by a university medical center, veterinary teaching hospital, pharmacy, or clinic.
- UCSB Environmental Health & Safety Controlled Substances Program Manual
- UCSB Controlled Substances Program Procedures
- DEA Office of Diversion Control
- Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations
- Federal Controlled Substances Act
- UCOP Controlled Substances Policy (BUS-50)
- UCOP Guidance Memo 17-01: Marijuana Research
- UCSB Controlled Substances Project Registration Form
- UCSB Non-PI Personnel Screening Form
- UCSB Registration Holder Screening Form
- UCSB Controlled Substance Usage Log
- UCSB Controlled Substance Inventory Form
- UCSB Controlled Substances Delivery Record
- UCSB Transfer of Controlled Substances