As a supervisor and employee, you have a number of safety-related rights and responsibilities that, by law, you must be aware of. This online training module (approx. 20 min) was developed for supervisors of office (clerical) employees and is based on the workplace health and safety regulations of the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal-OSHA). Specific topics include:
- Mission, role and core functions of UCSB’s Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Department
- UCSB Supervisors’ and Employees’ Safety Rights, Responsibilities and Resources
- Cal/OSHA’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) elements
- UCSB’s Green Health and Safety Binder
- Department Safety Representatives’ (DSR) role and responsibilities
- Campus Emergency Preparedness and Response information.
Note: Non-supervisory employees must go through a different online module: Non-Supervisor - Safety Rights and Responsibilities (IIPP) Training
For more information or to register for this course, please log in to the UC Learning Center.