9. What other programs might a DSR need to have in place?

Most other safety regulations are fairly specialized and EH&S generally deals directly with the affected supervisor, rather than the DSR.   However, another program with a departmental element is the Hazard Communication Program.   This relates to the use and availability of Material Safety Data Sheets for chemical-users outside of the lab environment, e.g. shops, maintenance personnel, etc.  A departmental written Hazard Communication plan is required by OSHA if this applies to your department.  Contact the EH&S Industrial Hygiene manager (805.893.8787) if you need help with establishing this program.


IIPP - Department Safety Representatives