There are a number of trainings required for all researchers at UCSB to complete before working in the laboratory. The three primary training requirements are:
- The Fundamentals of Laboratory Safety Class (live or on line).
- A hazard assessment review and PPE training via the Assessment online tool. For NON-employees please follow these instructions.
- A laboratory-specific safety orientation, including CHP/SOP review, etc.
All of these trainings should be documented on the Training Needs Assessment Form. This form also serves as a checklist to confirm that all needed trainings have been received.
For an overview of training requirement for new lab members, click here.
For a full list of trainings offered by EH&S, click here.
Additionally, the DOW LAB SAFETY ACADEMY has a number of useful on line safety videos available.
- For training videos on basic safety principles such as Lab Housekeeping, Fire Extinguisher Basics, etc., click here.
- For training videos on specialized topics such as gas cylinders, cryogens, and vacuum equipment, click here.
- For training videos on Hazard Assessment techniques, click here.
- For training videos on Safety Culture topics such as Mentoring and Interventions, click here.