In order to dive as a Scientific Diver for UCSB, a diver must successfully complete UCSB’s 100-hour Dive Safety Course. This course is offered twice a year and is required for an open water scuba diver who wants to work as a scientific diver for UCSB. Training in the classroom, pool and ocean allows UCSB to meet scientific diving standards and is designed to fine-tune your diving skills and introduce scientific diving techniques. Interested divers should review the course requirements and submit an on-line application.
How to Apply
- Should be certified as an Open-Water Diver with:
- min of 12 logged dives SINCE entry level training was completed & min of 4 cold water (
- Review Course Requirement Packet
- Review Coastal Fund Undergraduate Support Fee Program
- Submit an On-line Application
Applications are due at least 2 months prior to start of course.
Space is limited and priority is given to UCSB faculty, staff and students.