LIVE: Please contact Instructor
This course is designed for UCSB Faculty, Students, Staff, and Volunteers who may encounter confined spaces while engaged in University-related activities. Trainees will learn the fundamental aspects and requirements of UCSB’s Confined Space Program including:
- The definition of a Confined Space and a Permit-Required Confined Space;
- The difference between Permit-Required and Non-permit Required Confined Space;
- The types of confined spaces at UCSB;
- How to recognize confined spaces;
- Hazards associated with confined spaces;
- Elements of the UCSB Permit-Required Confined Space Program, including the permit system and control measures; and
- Confined space dos and don’ts.
For more information or to schedule training, please contact Jesse Bickley, (805) 893-8787.