The goal of this course is to enable employees to recognize and understand the required elements of their campus's written Hazard Communication Program, including how to identify and evaluate chemical hazards using Safety Data Sheets and chemical labels.
Upon completion of this training the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose, scope and elements of the Hazard Communication Standard and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of labeling chemicals
- Identify how chemical hazards are determined
- Identify the purpose of Safety Data Sheets and their components
- Identify chemicals and their hazards through campus labeling and warning practices
- Recognize the physical and health hazards inherent with hazardous chemicals
- Recognize the information and training required by Cal/OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard
For more information or to register for this course, please log in to the UC Learning Center.