LIVE: Please contact Instructor
Hearing loss from noise exposure is usually a gradual process, but it is real and it is permanent. Hearing Conservation training is required annually for UCSB Faculty, Students, Staff, and Volunteers exposed to noise above the Cal/OSHA 85 dBA 8-hour time-weighted average action level. Trainees will learn about important UCSB and Cal/OSHA Hearing Conservation Program requirements, including:
- Supervisor and employee responsibilities;
- The effects of noise on hearing;
- The purpose of hearing protectors, the advantages, disadvantages, and attenuation of various types, and instructions on selection, fitting, use, and care;
- When and where hearing protection is required; and
- The purpose of audiometric testing and an explanation of the test procedures.
For more information or to schedule training, please contact Jesse Bickley, (805) 893-8787.