LIVE: Please contact Instructor
This course is designed for UCSB Faculty, Students, Staff, and Volunteers who are required to wear respiratory protection while performing University-related work. Per Campus Policy and Cal/OSHA regulations, all use of respiratory protection by campus personnel must be reviewed and approved by Environmental, Health, and Safety (see contact information below). Trainees will learn about important UCSB and Cal/OSHA Respiratory Program requirements, including:
- Individual and Supervisor responsibilities;
- Why their respirator is necessary, and how facial hair, improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of their respirator(s);
- The limitations and capabilities of their respirator(s);
- How to use their respirator(s) effectively in emergency situations, including situations in which the respirator malfunctions;
- How to inspect, don, doff, use, and check the seals of their respirator(s);
- What the procedures are for maintenance and storage of their respirator(s);
- Usage log requirements and cartridge change schedules for their respirator(s); and
- How to recognize medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators.
For more information or to schedule training, please contact Jesse Bickley, (805) 893-8787.