Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Training
Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Training - Initial
Course description: This course complies with Cal/OSHA Title 8, Section 5199 ATD training requirements and is required for researchers working with the agents or agents plus procedures given in the regulations: https://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/5199d.html
• Cytomegalovirus, human (viral production, purification, or concentration)
• Epstein-Barr virus (viral production, purification, or concentration)
• Escherichia coli, shiga toxin-producing only (aerosol generation or high splash potential)
• Hantaviruses (serum or tissue from potentially infected rodents, potentially infected tissues, large quantities or high concentrations, cell cultures, experimental rodent studies)
• Herpes simplex virus 1 and 2
• Salmonella spp. other than S. typhi (aerosol generation or high splash potential)
• Salmonella typhi (activities with significant potential for aerosol generation, large quantities)
• SARS coronavirus (untreated specimens, cell cultures, experimental animal studies)
• West Nile virus (WNV) (dissection of field-collected dead birds, cultures, experimental animal and vector studies)
The course covers:
• Transmission risk from small particles or droplets containing aerosol transmissible pathogens
• Identification of work requiring aerosol safety procedures
• Use of controls to reduce risk of exposure to aerosol transmissible pathogens and disposal of waste
• Response to an aerosol transmissible pathogen exposure
This is an annual training requirement.
Initial and refresher training courses are available online; you must complete the initial before the refresher course.
You will be enrolled to complete the online refresher training in one year after completing the initial.
UC Learning Center search terms: ATD or aerosol
eCourse code: SBHLSF-ATDSTC-ECO
Course duration: 30 minutes
Back to Top