The Field Research Safety Program focuses on providing specilized training, safety equipment and support to faculty, staff and students whose research has a fieldwork component.
Before You Go:
- Develop a Field Safety Plan.
- Get trained in Field First Aid or Wilderness Medicine.
- All trip participants should take the Heat Illness Prevention Training (UCSB Learning Center). Determine which insurance will be your primary insurance (personal, travel, workers comp) in the area you operate.
- Register all participants in the trip with UC Away for UC Travel Insurance.
- Students and volunteers must sign a Waiver of Liability.
FIELD STEAM Presents:
Time and Location: Friday, January 21st, 2022 at 10 am, EH&S Building, Training room
Coffee and Bagels served at 9:30 am
Field Steam is a series of (e)vents, which offer a safe environment for Field Researchers to learn new skills, opportunity to vent, discuss challenges and celebrate success with peers and colleagues.
Field First Aid and Field Trip Planning, Spring 2022, date and time: TBD
Wilderness First Aid for Trip Leaders is scheduled for February 22th-24st, 2022. Interested? Complete this survey.
First time traveling abroad? UC Abroad, an online training is available on the Learning Center.
2022 UC Field Safety Leadership Retreat FEB2022 at UCLA's Lake Arrowhead Lodge
February 25-27, 2022
For details and to fill out a preregistration form, please visit the Field Safety Leadership Retreat webpage.
Research Safety Newsletter
By subscribing to our newsletter "Safety Slick" you will receive quarterly updates on Safety and Research. The newsletter offers information about training opportunities, lessons learned and interesting news from the world of Safety in Academia. If you like playing games you will have the opportunity to win prizes as well!